Dr. Christopher Menke is a double board-certified podiatric surgeon skilled to perform both cosmetic and reconstructive surgery of the foot and ankle. Additionally, he is passionate about contributing his time and surgical skills to those in need through the nonprofit, Surgeons of Service. After practicing in Atlanta for 8 years, he relocated to Greensboro, GA in 2014 and soon after established Da Vinci Foot and Ankle with his sister, Dr. Allison Menke-Stinson. Dr. Menke continues to serve Georgia’s lake country now a part of 26 Foot and Ankle. He performs a majority of his surgery at Morgan Medical Center in Madison, Georgia and St. Mary’s Good Samaritan Hospital in Greensboro, Georgia.
Dr. Christopher Menke earned his Doctorate in Podiatric Medicine (DPM) from the Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine in Philadelphia, PA. He went on to complete his 3-year residency in advanced reconstructive foot and ankle surgery at the prestigious DeKalb Medical Surgical Residency in Decatur, GA, affiliated with Emory University. Through his affiliation with The Podiatry Institute, he has participated in the lecture circuit nationwide and continues to teach cadaver surgical skill courses to fellow podiatric surgeons and residents annually. Dr. Christopher Menke is published in multiple Podiatry Institute textbooks and has multiple journal articles published in The Journal of Foot & Ankle Surgery, the authoritative journal of foot and ankle surgery. Additionally, Dr. Christopher Menke was one of the contributing authors of the surgical procedures’ manual, Internal Fixation of The Foot & Ankle: Instructional Course Workbook.
In addition to private practice, Dr. Menke has participated in numerous surgical mission trips to Central America, and he currently focusing his international time in the Dominican Republic through the nonprofit, Surgeons of Service. The surgical missions are weeklong trips where patients are screened and treated both conservatively and surgically. Patients include both children and adults with a variety of foot, ankle, and leg disorders. To foster the awareness of need, local high school and college students also participate by hosting shoe drives targeting children’s shoes. The gathered shoes are redistributed locally to those in need as well as to kindergarten and elementary schools in the Dominican Republic.
Dr. Christopher Menke’s Education & Experience
- Undergraduate: Ohio Wesleyan University, Delaware, Ohio
- Medical School: Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Residency: Northlake Medical Center, Tucker Georgia
- Residency: DeKalb Medical, Decatur, Georgia (Chief Resident)
Medical Board Certifications
- American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery: Forefoot Surgery
- American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery: Reconstructive Rearfoot/Ankle Surgery
Associations & Affiliations
- Physician, 26 Foot and Ankle
- Director, Surgeons of Service
- Faculty Member, The Podiatry Institute
- American Podiatric Medical Association
- Georgia Podiatric Medical Association
- Fellow, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- American Academy of Podiatric Practice Management
- Mentorship, Emory Podiatric Medicine and Surgery Residency
Hospital Affiliations | Surgery Center Affiliations
- Emory Decatur Hospital, Decatur, Georgia
- Evans Surgery Center, Evans, Georgia
- Morgan Medical Center, Madison, Georgia
- Piedmont McDuffie, Thomson, Georgia
- Putnam General Hospital, Eatonton, Georgia
- St. Mary’s Good Samaritan Hospital, Greensboro, Georgia
- Lapidus Arthrodesis with the Darco Locking Plate
- The Journal of Foot & Ankle Surgery, 2011 Jul-Aug; 50(4): 377-82.
- A Review of 51 Talonavicular Joint Arthrodeses for Flexible Pes Valgus Deformity
- The Journal of Foot & Ankle Surgery, 2010 March; 49(2):113-118
- Reconstruction of the First Metatarsophalangeal Joint Following Post-cheilectomy Avascular Necrosis of the First Metatarsal Head: A Case Report.
- The Journal of Foot & Ankle Surgery, 2009 Jan-Feb; 48(1):61-9
- Menke, CRD (Editorial Staff). Internal Fixation of The Foot & Ankle: Instructional Course Workbook. Alder DC, Ruch JA Eds. Produced by The Podiatry Institute in Conjunction with AO North America, 2007
- Reverse Sural Fasciocutaneous Flap – Podiatry Institute Update 2010
- Management of Dog Bites A Case Report– Podiatry Institute Update 2009